User’s Acceptance of This Policy
WEBC is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Policy sets out how Water’s Edge Boat Club, LLC (WEBC) uses and protects your information when you use this website. Should WEBC ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Policy.
Collection of your Personal Information
Generally, you may visit our websites without entering any Personal Information. On certain pages, we may ask you for certain Personal Information to provide a service or carry out a transaction you have requested. WEBC may collect the following types of information, including but not limited to: contact details such as your email address, full name, phone number, and physical mailing address; customer inquiry information; and information used to customize and facilitate your use of our website.
You are not required to provide any Personal Information to WEBC, but if you choose not to provide Personal Information, we may be unable to provide you with certain requested services or complete transactions.
We also collect certain information about your visit to our website, including but not limited to pages viewed, time and duration of your visit, the number of bytes transferred, links you click, the materials you access, and other actions taken within the website (“Visitor Information”).
We also collect certain information that your browser sends to every Web site you visit, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type, capabilities and language, your operating system, and the Web site from which you linked to our site (“Technical Information”). We do not link Technical Information to your identity.
Use of your Personal Information, Visitor Information, and Technical Information
WEBC requires this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To deliver products or services or carry out transactions you have requested
- Internal record keeping
- WEBC may use the information to improve its products and services, or to make our website easier to use
- WEBC may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which WEBC thinks you may find interesting or useful when visiting our website, using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, WEBC may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- WEBC may contact you by email, phone, or mail using information you have provided while using our website.
- WEBC may use the information to customize their website according to your interests.
WEBC is committed to protecting the security of your information. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, WEBC has put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our website. Any information collected is used solely to enhance your experience on the WEBC website as well as for in-house internal record keeping. Your information will NEVER be sold, leased, or transferred to any other party, except under the following limited circumstances:
- Disclosure to Service Providers. WEBC occasionally contracts with third parties to provide services on our behalf (“Service Providers”), such as hosting and analyzing our website, distributing information, and processing transactions. We provide these Service Providers with only those elements of your Personal Information they need to perform their specific services.
- Disclosure in connection with transactions in commerce. In connection with certain transactions, we may need to disclose some or all of your Personal Information to financial institutions and shipping or postal services.
- Disclosure in connection with acquisitions or divestitures. In the event that WEBC decides to sell, buy or otherwise reorganize any part of its business, WEBC will seek appropriate protection for your Personal Information, such as through a nondisclosure or confidentiality agreement.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or property, or in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of any individual.
A cookie is a small text file stored on your hard drive, or information that is stored in memory until you close your browser. Any given website can store and read only its own cookies; it cannot read a cookie set by another website, nor can it inject information into cookies set by other websites. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. WEBC uses traffic logs cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps WEBC analyze data about web page traffic and improve its website in order to provide a better customer experience. WEBC only uses this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help WEBC to provide you with a better website experience, by enabling WEBC to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give WEBC access to your computer or any information about you, other than information you have chosen to provide on our website.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of the WEBC website, as our applications may require you to accept cookies in order to use some or all features. Most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. The following are brief instructions for controlling cookies in the most popular browsers used to visit our websites. If you do not see your browser listed below, please consult your browser’s help documentation.
Internet Explorer (6.x+)
- Choose Tools > Internet Options.
- Choose the “Privacy” tab.
- Move the slider to select your preferred privacy level.
- Choose the Sites and Advanced buttons to further customize your privacy preferences.
- Choose Tools > Options.
- Choose the “Privacy” icon.
- Next to the text “Firefox will” choose “Use custom settings for history” from the dropdown.
- Adjust the checkboxes related to cookies to suit your preferences. Choose the Exceptions button to enter specific websites that you want to allow or block regardless of your other settings.
- Use the following link to access privacy settings: chrome://chrome/settings/search#privacy
- Choose Content Settings.
- In the Cookies section, adjust the settings to suit your preferences. Choose Manage Exceptions to enter specific websites that you want to allow or block regardless of your other settings.
Links and Third Party Websites
We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we learn we have obtained Personal Information from a child under 13, we will delete that Personal Information from our records.
Choice of Law, Jurisdiction And Venue
This Policy is governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin. Any claim arising out of or in connection with this Policy, must be commenced within one year after the use giving rise to such claim, and must be brought only in the state or federal courts located in Waukesha County, Wisconsin.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
WEBC will occasionally update this Policy to reflect company and customer feedback. WEBC encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how WEBC is approaching your information.
WEBC welcomes your comments regarding this Policy. If you believe that WEBC has not adhered to this Policy, please contact WEBC at email@example.com. WEBC will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.